Tactical Emergency Casualty Care for Patrol Officers
- This event meets the criteria for specific mandated training
- Non members please click here to contact us to request access to online registrations.
Member's Fee: $0
Non-Member & Civilian Fee: $0
This training covers the following mandates:Course: This course will discuss and visualize the concept of Tactical Emergency Casualty Care as it applies to law enforcement tactical situations and the treatment of injured officers. Officers will learn and demonstrate specific treatments and interventions for the most commonly encountered would patterns.
- Identify the concepts of TECC, its use in the law enforcement environment and how this concept differs from historically taught conventional First Responder medical treatment practices;
- Identify the most commonly sustained officer injuries and preventable causes of death;
- Identify the importance of mindset and maintaining situational awareness when wounded and when treating fellow officers;
- Identify signs and symptoms of airway problems & demonstrate airway interventions;
- Identify signs and symptoms of serious bleeding and demonstrate control interventions;
- Identify signs and symptoms of shock and demonstrate prevention and treatment;
- Perform a Casualty Evaluation/F.A.S.T. Rapid Trauma Assessment and tactical evacuation;
- Plan and perform a vehicle and non-vehicle officer down rescue/extraction in a high-threat environment.
Non-Member Tuition: There is no non-member tuition for this class.